Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TKB Swatches!



Finally got some new pigments today! I ordered from TKB Trading a few days ago...got the samples of micas (10 for $14) and some glitter samples. They are so NOT stingy with their samples! I love the glitter samples the most because they come in these wonderful sifter jars! They are HUGE jars and they've got a fair amount of glitter in them. I did some swatches just in case anyone was wanting to see. The glitter swatches didn't show up so well, but they are there and they are pretty! I ordered the Gold, Holla, Blue and Purple. I can't wait to actually wear these with some eye shadow or even alone. I also ordered the random samples of micas- I ended up receiving one that wasn't safe for eyes (my own fault because I didn't ask for only eye safe). The colors are pretty, though a little plain for my taste. I've labeled them in the picture, but I'll list them here too. I received Soft Blue Violet, Lovely Leo, Indian Blue, Mermaids Gold, Artisan Coral, Black Amethyst, Black Cherry, Blackster Red, Pearl Pink (not eye safe!!!) and Blue Ice. Not really my flavor of eye shadows, but pretty gorgeous none the less. (Note: I didn't use any base primer under these swatches)

Overall TKB seems to be pretty awesome with their prices and they give generous amounts on their samples. :) I will definitely be ordering some full size jars for them, even though their samples are plenty enough for the average person... btw, all of the mica samples I got were 2 tablespoons in a baggie.

I'm still waiting on two more orders that I placed with other companies. I ordered some samples from Glamour Doll Eyes. They should hopefully be here tomorrow...There samples seem to be pretty cheap too, but a friend of mine at work also got some samples and they aren't very big...they are maybe 1/4 tsp. They also don't charge shipping for their samples so thats a plus. There glitters also don't seem to stick so well to the skin. Guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow when mine arrive, and I'll be posting another blog with swatches.

I'm also expecting an order to come through from Hi Fi Cosmetics.... I'm also thrilled to be getting these, I ordered 10 full size jars for $35. The processing time is currently driving me crazy though and I haven't been able to find out if they have shipped yet. I ordered on Dec 29th and haven't received any communication about the status or anything. The owner does have information posted on her etsy and facebook that she is kind of behind on processing which is understandable, but this seems to be taking foooorever!!!! I hope hope hope I get these soon because I'm getting anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment