Blog Archive

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first run with Pixie Epoxy



So, I'm still somewhat new to the pigments world....I just discovered them in the last two years or so. I've always loved bright colors and in just regular shadow you really don't have much selection. I love wet application, it makes the colors so bright and vibrant like they look in their containers. I just started using a base (primer) within the last few months, my first purchase of primer was from Mark (Avon). It's call Please Hold Eye Primer...I didn't have so much success with it. I never really noticed a difference in using that versus using nothing. So my pigment collection so far consist of MAC, Aromaleigh and Micabella. Yesterday I wore a bright green MAC and a dark green from Aromaleigh, and even though MAC is the more expensive choice, the Aromaleigh actually lasted quite a long time- this was with no primer. The MAC came off wayyy before I went to bed, and the Aromaleigh was still on when I woke up this morning! (yes, I'm a bad girl that doesn't take her make up off before going to bed)

So a good friend from work who is equally as crazy as I am when it comes to eye shadow (okay, she's more crazy than I am!) gave me her sample of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy! Thanks Molotov Cupcake! Today I decided to use that before work to see what the results would be....and let me just say that I am SOLD! My make up is still on. I applied my make up this morning around 11:30 and it is currently 12:27...its still just as bright as when I initially put it on. I'm going to attach some photos to show how long lasting it is. Silly me, I didn't take a picture this morning after I put it on, but I promise you I'm not lying! I've always loved Fyrinnae's website but haven't had the chance to purchase anything just yet...but tomorrow...oh yes, tomorrow is pay day! Pixie Epoxy here I come!

On their site Fyrinnae says that Pixie Epoxy is "'A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling.'" I would just like to add that it does in fact hold on regular pigments without the shiny/shimmer look.

I have also found in the past that Aromaleigh has a lot of fall out, though they have beautiful colors and a great product, it simply gets everywhere! The Pixie Epoxy seems to have reduced that quite a bit this morning when I was applying. The color actually had something to stick to instead of just dropping off of my eye.

Though its only the second primer I have used, I do strongly recommend it. Feel free to chime in with your opinions on the best primers!



Ps- Aromaleigh has been closed so unfortunately no more options to buy from them...RIP Aromaleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment