Blog Archive

Friday, January 14, 2011

Glamour Doll Eyes Swatches!











So I got my order today from Glamour Doll Eyes! I've swatched these once again....and as a side note, swatching is kinda messy! Lol

There samples are pretty small, they seem like maybe 1/4- 1/2 of a tsp. I guess I can probably get a few uses from these. I ordered 8 of their samples, they also give you 2 samples for free. A friend of mine also got some samples from Glamour Doll, and I just wanted to add that there Holly Wood glitter looks strangely similar to the Holla Glitter from TKB. The rest of the samples look pretty original. I like the colors, they seem to be pretty vibrant. Honestly I actually had a bit of a hard time getting them off when I went to go clean up before bed. I had to scrub them off with a wash rag. The glitters were off course harder to get off considering the base. I still had glitter all over my arms!

I swatched the glitters and shadows I got from Glamour Doll Eyes. I ordered 5 glitters...the order of the glitter swatches is as follows: Rave, Techno, Fierce, Glowstick and Hot Mess. These were put on with Pixie Epoxy as a base. The shadows are as follows: Melancholy, Pinky Swear, Ladies Night, Immature, Electric Lemonade (Free) and Phyrra (free). These are kind of hard to see with or without flash on my camera, so apologies! Overall I’m totally in love with the glitters, because well…who wouldn’t be! I’m considering ordering some full size jars, but I haven’t decided 100% just yet. Glamour Doll Eyes does seem to have a nice selection of colors and uses for their shades. All of the ones listed above are lip/eye/face safe. A side note on that- for some reason these are coming with a little sticker on them and they just say ‘lip safe’ so it really had me confused wondering if they weren’t eye safe, but the website does indeed list them as being eye safe.

I’m still waiting on one more order to come in now…I ordered from Hi-Fi cosmetics on Dec 29th, this is taking forever. She does have on her site still that it takes 12-15 Business days…I finally got some communication today though. I have been waiting for a response to make sure my order is in process…. I’m not at all sure how I feel about this taking so long though. I sure hope that these eye shadows are worth the wait. I feel like if I’m giving you my money I should receive some form of communication or updates on my order. I don’t want to be too demanding because I understand holiday rush, but this wait just feels kind of extensive. Hopefully I will be getting my order soon.

I’m totally a junkie for eyeshadow!!!!


I also wanted to share these...These photos are from TKB's Indian Blue. I put Pixie Epoxy on first and wore this color for the day. The shadow last a long time! Again, I had to take this one off with the wash rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment